Brick Wall People Redux – Part 8 – Maren Rasmussen (Rasmusdatter)

No Known Photo

Name: Maren Rasmussen
Birth: September 18, 1817 in Alsted, Denmark.
Death: Sometime after 1880, which was the last census I have been able to find her in.
Marriage: before 1841, which is about when their first child was born.
Location(s): Alsted, Denmark
Relation to me: Maren Rasmussen is my paternal grandmother's mother's father's mother, which makes her 6th generation before me.
Alias(es): None known at this time.
Parents: Rasmus Troelsen & Lisbet Nielsdatter

Spouse(s): Hans Nielsen
Children: Hanne, Sophie, Ole, Niels, Maren, Rasmus, Jorgen, Niels, Anders, Jens, Ane Lisbeth
Other Family: Siblings: Mathias, Jens, Truels, Bodil, Niels, Hans; grandfather: Neils Pedersen

Details: I know a great deal more about Maren now, like her husband, though in her case, all her information is from Family Search. I haven't done much of my own looking into her because of this, and will have to look into her information more deeply, as before this all I was certain of was from her son's birth records and the Census records I found on this family in the Danish Census records. Until I've looked into her more, I will have to hold judgement, but right now, she's got a lot more information than I had before.

Proof:
1) My initial proof for Maren came from Rasmus's birth record found at Family Search, but I was unable to confirm it until I had found several of the Census records I now have.
2) My major proof for both Maren and her husband, as well as much of the rest of this branch of the family, comes from Census records, starting in 1850, and going through to the 1880 Danish Census. After that, I have no records of this family at all aside from Rasmus and his family.

New Proofs I have found of Maren:
3) I now have a birth record that lists a birthdate and parents, which is in the right location.
4) I have a birth record for several of her sons, which lists her and her husband.
5) I also have her son Rasmus's confirmation record, which also lists her and her husband.

Needed:

I have no exact death information yet for Maren, and I'm not 100% sure of what is on Family Search, but given what I do have, I'm about 75% sure of her parents, at least. I will have to dig through the proof on the site at some point, as I think there are some records there that don't belong to her, but given that her tree goes back before her parents a little now, I think she can be put on the back burner.

That said, if my family or anyone out there has any more information on this family, I'd love to talk to you about it. I'd love to learn more.

Original Post
Other Posts about Maren Rasmussen:

0 comments :

Post a Comment

About this blog

This blog is maintained by two sisters who have had a life long interest in geneology.
Mika writes here mostly about our family (Hansen, Hillinger, Bordewick, Park, etc), and her search for more information.
Shannon mostly uses this space as a place to make the many stories written about and by her husband's family (Holly, Walker, Walpole, etc) available to the rest of the family, present and future.

Our blog is named Oh Spusch! mostly because Shannon is bad at naming things. The first post I put up includes a story about the time Walker's great grandfather took his whole family out to see a play and the littlest kept saying "Oh! Spusch!" No one ever figured out what she meant by that.