Brick Wall People Redux – Part 14 – Lars Andersen

No Known Photo

Name: Lars Andersen
Birth: about 1794, Vejle, Denmark
Death: December 5, 1880
Marriage: March 26, 1820, Vejle, Denmark

Location(s): Give, Vejle, Denmark
Relation to me: Lars Andersen is my father's mother's father's mother's father's father. He is the 7th generation before me.
Alias(es): None known at this time.
Parents: Anders Johansen & Kirsten Larsdattter
Spouse(s): Birthe Marie Sorensen
Children: Anne, Anders, Anne, Berthel, Anders, Else Marie, Mette, Søren, Else Marie, Johannes, Christen, Peder, Søren Christen, Jørgen, Elias
Other Family: none known

Details:
Since finding Lars and his wife, I found a great deal about them on Family Search, though I still have almost nothing on Ancestry, despite looking. After many years of having them listed as Lars Christensen and Oertha (someone had made a B with a squished top part of the letter, so that when it was copied, it got cut off and the bottom of the B looked like an O, so that's how it's been written for years), having corrected names helped greatly. Now I just need to look for more Danish records on Ancestry, to fill out the family over there.

Proof:
1) As I said above, for many years, my only information was that his name was Lars Christensen, which is actually his son's wife's surname, so I think that's where that actually came from, but I could be wrong. The original information came from my grandmother's cousin, Tula, whose mother was Jørgen's daughter.
2) The next real info we got on Lars and his wife was from Jørgen's baptismal record. That gave me their names, though little else.
3) The last is both the most information and the least substantial, as I had no clue who had created the record, nor was I able to verify the records included outside of that record. The Family Search tree included children and dates, but little else, so my only true information comes from that baptismal record until I can find more.

New Proofs I have found of Lars:
4) I have found Birth records for several of Lars's children, listing him and his wife as their parents. Given the names, dates, and location, I am inclined to believe that these are his actual children.
5) I have also found several records for Lars's children's Confirmations, which has the same amount of information that matches.
6) I have found a few Census records listing the Lars Andersen family. There is the 1834 Census, which shows Lars & his wife and Lars's father Anders Johansen, a 24-year-old girl named Mette Marie, who may be his wife's sister, as they share a surname, and six of their children: Anders, Mette, Søren, Johannes, Christen, and Peder.
7) Then there is the 1840 Census, which shows Lars and his wife with Lars's father Anders Johansen, and eight of their children: Anders, Mette, Søren, Johannes, Christen, Peder, Søren Christian, and Jørgen.
8) And there is the 1870 Census, which shows Lars and his wife at the end of their lives, both above 70 years of age.

Needed:
As you can see, I have found his parents, and even a death date, so I consider this wall conquered, though I have no other siblings for him, which means that I do need to keep looking, though for now, I will move another generation back to his parents at this stage.

Original Post
Other Posts About Lars:

0 comments :

Post a Comment

About this blog

This blog is maintained by two sisters who have had a life long interest in geneology.
Mika writes here mostly about our family (Hansen, Hillinger, Bordewick, Park, etc), and her search for more information.
Shannon mostly uses this space as a place to make the many stories written about and by her husband's family (Holly, Walker, Walpole, etc) available to the rest of the family, present and future.

Our blog is named Oh Spusch! mostly because Shannon is bad at naming things. The first post I put up includes a story about the time Walker's great grandfather took his whole family out to see a play and the littlest kept saying "Oh! Spusch!" No one ever figured out what she meant by that.