Intro to new posts: Family Placelines

It's been so nice, getting back into the swing of things here that things have been percolating in my brain. Because of that, I have decided to do another set of posts. Back when I first started writing here, I did a series called Surname Saturday, where I made a post about the facts I had on my surnames. I took it a bit farther than I really had information on at the time, but I still learned a great deal about my family tree in doing them. I did revisit them a few years ago after doing family books about our family, and found even more things as I worked on them. So I figure it's time to do it again.

This time, I'm combining them with another set of posts I did, called Where We're From, where I looked into the locations my family were from. I focused generally birth, marriage, and death locations. It was a lot of fun, and very interesting to see locations in comparison to each other. 

This time, I decided I would start with the most person in that particular family line in direct relation to me (ancestors only), and work my way back in time from where they live now (or where they died if they are no longer living), and all the locations they lived in more than momentarily (about a year at least), all the way back to the place they were born to the best of my ability. I've already worked up a few of the more recent family lines, and it's been quite interesting to see how it stacks up. 

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how these turn out, and I hope others will enjoy them as well. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

About this blog

This blog is maintained by two sisters who have had a life long interest in geneology.
Mika writes here mostly about our family (Hansen, Hillinger, Bordewick, Park, etc), and her search for more information.
Shannon mostly uses this space as a place to make the many stories written about and by her husband's family (Holly, Walker, Walpole, etc) available to the rest of the family, present and future.

Our blog is named Oh Spusch! mostly because Shannon is bad at naming things. The first post I put up includes a story about the time Walker's great grandfather took his whole family out to see a play and the littlest kept saying "Oh! Spusch!" No one ever figured out what she meant by that.