Brick Wall People – Part 13 – Ellen Pugh (or possibly Griffiths)



Ellen and Hugh Roberts with a grandchild
Name: Ellen Pugh
Birth: unknown
Death: after 1885
Marriage: before 1846
Location(s): Northern Wales
Relation to me: Ellen Pugh was my maternal grandmother's mother's maternal grandmother, which makes her 6th generation before me.
Alias(es): None known at this time.
Parents: unknown
Spouse(s): Hugh Roberts
Children: Selina Roberts
Other Family: none known
Details: I know little about Ellen or her husband, aside from their names and the photo I have of them. I assume she, like her husband, was born sometime in the early 1800s, probably somewhere in Northern Wales. We have a picture of her holding one of his daughter's children. We believe it is our great-grandmother Eliza. Aside from that, I really know very little else about either of them. Their daughter was born in Northern Wales, which likely means they were from that area as well, but as I have no absolute information on their lives, I simply can't be sure.
Proof:
1)      Ellen has been in my family tree from the first, which was pieced together with the help of my grandmother, her uncle Ted, and my father. None of whom knew her, unfortunately, which makes the information on her sketchy at best.
2)      Then there is the photograph of Hugh, Ellen and the child we believe to be Eliza back in Wales. I am uncertain of the actual date of the photo, but fairly certain of the two Robertses's identities.
3)      However, my best proof of her identity and her surname as Pugh is their daughter's death record. It is there she is listed as Ellen Pugh, which is a slightly more valid proof than from family stories, where I had always heard her referred to as Griffiths.
Needed:
Again, like many of my other brick walls, I have absolutely no BMD info for her. As I said above, I know she was alive around the 1880s, but I have no clue when she might have died. I would love to know the names of her parents, and if she had siblings, and where she was born. I would also love to know when and where she married Hugh, and whether or not they had any other children.

As always, if my family or anyone out there has any more information on this family, I'd love to talk to you about them. I'd love to learn more on any of them, if at all possible.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

About this blog

This blog is maintained by two sisters who have had a life long interest in geneology.
Mika writes here mostly about our family (Hansen, Hillinger, Bordewick, Park, etc), and her search for more information.
Shannon mostly uses this space as a place to make the many stories written about and by her husband's family (Holly, Walker, Walpole, etc) available to the rest of the family, present and future.

Our blog is named Oh Spusch! mostly because Shannon is bad at naming things. The first post I put up includes a story about the time Walker's great grandfather took his whole family out to see a play and the littlest kept saying "Oh! Spusch!" No one ever figured out what she meant by that.