REICH (Germanic)

Meaning/Pronunciation: Pronunciation: Ry-k (at least, this is how I’ve always pronounced it in my head) Meaning: descendant of Rico, a pet form of Riculf (powerful; wolf); a nickname for a wealthy man.

Origin: All I know for certain is that this is from the Jewish/Germanic side of my family.

Variations: None that I am immediately aware of.

Relation to me: My father’s father’s mother’s surname.

Ancestors:
i: Reich, Feige, Born before 1882, Prussian states somewhere, Benzion Kresch, at least 2 daughters, possibly 1 son

Looking for:
All I know about this family is this woman. I’m not even sure if she went by Feige or Golda or something else entirely, but her full name given on the tree I received from my grandfather was Feige Golda Reich. I have no birth or death dates for her, no marriage date to her husband, or any information at all about her parents. I do know that she had two daughters, and possibly one son (if I’m not misunderstanding family lore about coming to the US). So any information about her at all would be wonderful.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

About this blog

This blog is maintained by two sisters who have had a life long interest in geneology.
Mika writes here mostly about our family (Hansen, Hillinger, Bordewick, Park, etc), and her search for more information.
Shannon mostly uses this space as a place to make the many stories written about and by her husband's family (Holly, Walker, Walpole, etc) available to the rest of the family, present and future.

Our blog is named Oh Spusch! mostly because Shannon is bad at naming things. The first post I put up includes a story about the time Walker's great grandfather took his whole family out to see a play and the littlest kept saying "Oh! Spusch!" No one ever figured out what she meant by that.