LARSEN (Denmark)

Meaning/Pronunciation: Pronunciation: Lar-sen Meaning: Son of Lars.

Origin: Danish

Variations: Like all the –sen names, it comes in various versions depending on the origin country of the name—son, sson, etc.

Relation to me: My father’s mother’s father’s mother’s maiden name.

Ancestors:
i: Larsen, Else, 1865 – 1934, Ringive, Denmark; Jens Hansen, 2 daughters, 6 sons

ii: Larsen, Jorgen, 1837 – 1923, Vejle, Denmark; Ivare Christensen, 7 daughters, 2 sons

iii: Andersen, Lars, 1794 - ?, Vejle, Denmark; Birthe Marie Sorensen, 6 sons, 2 daughters

Looking for:
Another one of the patronymic names in my family, though only one generation of change. I assume Lars’s father’s first name would be Christen, or something along those lines. I have little to no information about him or his wife, nor her maiden name, and I have only my direct ancestor for their children. Any and all information on them would be quite welcome.

Edited 10/21/10: After looking at the originals, it seems Lars's wife's name was Bertha, the letter only looked like an O, but on a different copy, the B was more obvious.

Edited 11/18/10: And after looking at the list of births for the area, the only Jorgen Larsen who I can find with the birth date I have has the parents Lars Andersen (Not Christiansen, which is also Jorgen's wife's surname, so maybe that's where that came from?) and Birthe Marie Sorensen. Birthe sounds very much like Bertha, so for now, I'm going to believe that's right, given that the information cannot be confirmed with the original source. (My grandmother's great-aunt's daughter.)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

About this blog

This blog is maintained by two sisters who have had a life long interest in geneology.
Mika writes here mostly about our family (Hansen, Hillinger, Bordewick, Park, etc), and her search for more information.
Shannon mostly uses this space as a place to make the many stories written about and by her husband's family (Holly, Walker, Walpole, etc) available to the rest of the family, present and future.

Our blog is named Oh Spusch! mostly because Shannon is bad at naming things. The first post I put up includes a story about the time Walker's great grandfather took his whole family out to see a play and the littlest kept saying "Oh! Spusch!" No one ever figured out what she meant by that.