EVAN (Northern Wales)

Meaning/Pronunciation: Pronunciation: Ev-ann Meaning: Child of Evan

Origin: Welsh

Variations: The most common form of this would be Evans, but there is also the older form of ap Evan, and likely others as well. So far, this is the only form in my tree.

Relation to me: This is my mother's mother's mother's father's father's mother, if my hunch is confirmed.

Ancestors: (in ascending order from most recent with name)
i: Evan, Gwen, ? – ?, Northern Wales?; Gabriel Howell, 2 sons 1 suspected, 1 known

Looking for:
Gwen Evan is a very new addition to my family tree, but looking at the succeeding generations, I'm inclined to believe what I have found is correct. Her spot in my tree is not perfectly verified yet, but I did find two birth records for my great-great-great grandfather listing her as Gwen Howel (the spelling his father would have had for the surname) and Gwen, and another for an Evan Howel with her listed as Gwen Evan.

As we're talking early 19th century, the records are much sparser, but I am hoping to get some confirmation of this side of the family if I can just get in touch with the Welsh branch of the family.

Anyone who knows more about Gabriel Howel, Howel Howel (or Howel Gabriel), or Gwen (Evan) Howel, I would love to exchange information.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

About this blog

This blog is maintained by two sisters who have had a life long interest in geneology.
Mika writes here mostly about our family (Hansen, Hillinger, Bordewick, Park, etc), and her search for more information.
Shannon mostly uses this space as a place to make the many stories written about and by her husband's family (Holly, Walker, Walpole, etc) available to the rest of the family, present and future.

Our blog is named Oh Spusch! mostly because Shannon is bad at naming things. The first post I put up includes a story about the time Walker's great grandfather took his whole family out to see a play and the littlest kept saying "Oh! Spusch!" No one ever figured out what she meant by that.