POULSEN (Denmark)

Meaning/Pronunciation: Pronunciation: Pohl-Sen Meaning: Child of Poul/Paul.

Origin: Danish.

Variations: Again, in this case, Poulsdatter, or Povlsdatter, but also Paulsen, -son, Polsen, etc.

Relation to me: This is my Father's Mother's Father's Father's Mother's Mother's Mother's surname.

Ancestors:
i: Poulsdatter, Kristen, abt 1766 – 1861, Risbjerg, Denmark; Mathias Frandsen, 1 known son, 2 known daughters

ii: Jensen, Paul (or Povel), 1736 – 1791, Denmark?, Mette Nielsdatter, 5 daughters, 3 sons

Looking for:
As I said last week, I'm now at the far reaches of my tree, and while I'd love to know more about these people, I'm still working on trying to document the closer branches of my family tree. Any information on these people would be greatly welcome, but otherwise, I'm playing a waiting game on this one as well.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

About this blog

This blog is maintained by two sisters who have had a life long interest in geneology.
Mika writes here mostly about our family (Hansen, Hillinger, Bordewick, Park, etc), and her search for more information.
Shannon mostly uses this space as a place to make the many stories written about and by her husband's family (Holly, Walker, Walpole, etc) available to the rest of the family, present and future.

Our blog is named Oh Spusch! mostly because Shannon is bad at naming things. The first post I put up includes a story about the time Walker's great grandfather took his whole family out to see a play and the littlest kept saying "Oh! Spusch!" No one ever figured out what she meant by that.